Why waste your time and money when you need to dispose of your gently used furniture or appliances? If you no longer want or have any use for these items, you can donate them to Nu Life Outreach (NLO). We are a non-profit organization which helps families in need. By repurposing your unwanted items, you are also protecting the environment from further landfill clutter.
NLO extends community resources by receiving furniture, appliances, vehicles, clothing, and household goods donated from a variety of contributors: residential, corporate, hospitality industry, and retail. Through this network of donors, we are able to provide battered and homeless women and their children the basic necessities for settling into their new home. NLO addresses the environmental and social concerns of contributors through the distribution of these donations. These generous donations are what individuals and families depend on to help turn an empty house into a comfortable, safe, and livable home.
Your help is important!
- This is a very worthy cause. It will go directly to a woman in desperate need of essentials for their home. Women who receive assistance from NLO (1) homeless women who have lost everything they owned, (2) women and children escaping from domestic violence, (3) women requiring a hand up — not a hand out.
- NLO makes it effortless for you to dispose of furniture you’re planning to replace. With one phone call one of our representatives will set an appointment for a truck to come to your home, remove the items you want to donate, and leave you with a tax receipt. Simple as that! If you would like, you can also drop the items off at our warehouse.
- Donating furniture and appliances is environmentally friendly. By donating to NLO you are helping to repurpose countless numbers of perfectly usable furniture that might otherwise end up at overcrowded landfills or be destroyed by incinerators that contribute to greenhouse emissions.
Most non-profits are not equipped to clean dirty upholstery or to repair broken furniture or other household items, so please only donate items that are usable, unless otherwise directed. NLO asks that all donations be free of rips, large tears, not heavily soiled, not covered with pet hair, and prove to be in good working condition. This substantially saves us from dumping fees expense. We have limited staff and finances to pay for parts and repairs of broken furniture. We ask that all appliances be cleaned and they are not covered in dirt or mildew. One of our representatives will be happy to let you know if we can or can’t accept an appliance or furniture that is in need of repair or service. To make a furniture or appliance donation, complete the furniture donation form.
Nu Life Outreach accepts these items in USABLE condition:
- Mattress/Box Spring Sets (twin, full, queen and king size) and frames; must be new or like new
- Beds, of all Sizes(headboards/footboards)
- Dressers, Chest of Drawers, Nightstands
- Sofas, Loveseats, Side Chairs
- Kitchen/Dining Tables and Chairs
- Coffee and End Tables
- Gift Cards: Wal-Mart, Target, Publix, Kroger, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc.
- Electronics and Small Appliances (e.g., coffee makers, microwave ovens, toasters, irons; must be in working condition)
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets and Monitors (flat screen only)
- Bookcases, TV Stands
- Bedding, Linens, Towels (new and clean)
- Baby and Kids’ Items, Toys
- TV (depending on the size and style), Stereos
- New and Gently Used Clothing and Winter Garments (limited to 2 bags)
- Fans and Heaters
- Dinnerware, Cookware and Kitchen Utensils
- Toiletries (must be new and unopened)
- Appliances: Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Stoves, Deep Freezers (working and non working – must be disclosed prior to pick-up with description of problem)
WE ALSO ACCEPT ALL TYPES OF METALS AND ALUMINIUM
These are items that we DO NOT ACCEPT: Large DLP TVs, Trash Bags filled with miscellaneous items, small knick-knacks, custom built-in appliances, large desks, very large entertainment centers.
DRIVERS WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION
Note: We reserve the right to refuse any item. This is left to the discretion of the driver at the time of pickup.
To make a furniture or appliance donation, complete the furniture donation form or call our office to schedule a pick-up at 404-399-3347.
Your support makes our outreach possible. Most items donated will be sold through our auction and fundraiser sales to cover operating costs and to help women and children in need. Only items that are in good condition will be considered for donation to families.
If you prefer to drop off your furniture donation at our warehouse, please contact our office at 404-399-3347 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time and date. Large Quantity Drop-Offs to the warehouse should be pre-arranged with a member of our staff.
We try our best to return all calls within the same day. Otherwise, please allow 24 hours for a staff member to return your call. Pick-ups can take up to 2 days from date of request. Please see our Pick-up Service Area list for areas served.
All donations are tax deductible and considered as a charitable contribution; you will be provided with a Tax Donation receipt. For donations dropped off at our warehouse, a representative will be happy to provide you with a Tax Donation receipt. If your donation is picked up, the driver will provide you with a Tax Donation receipt.
Nu Life Outreach strongly depends on the support from private foundations, corporations, and other funding sources to continue the vital work that we provide to battered and homeless women and their children. Without this support, we would not be able to carry out our mission and sustain our program’s services for women who are transitioning from domestic abuse and homelessness into a better life.
Monetary contributions are necessary for us to fulfill our mission. Operational expenses add up quickly; currently it costs between $500 and $1000 to provide assistance to a family. Your donations are greatly appreciated and aid in the support of our Nu Life Outreach operational costs and outreach program.
The Nu Life Outreach Grateful Givers’ program offers an incentive to community members, private donors, and corporations to help us achieve our goals through your generous donations. If you are interested in learning more about the program or in becoming a Grateful Giver, please click here.
We accept any amount for donation. No donation amount is too small, we appreciate what ever your heart tells you to give.
Make checks payable to Nu Life Outreach, Inc. We also accept credit cards for donations.
PO Box 956392
Duluth, Ga 30095